Thursday 12 July 2012

Gasp!  (holding hand to my head) is it really so long since I've been here?  No, can't be, I don't believe it (said in Victor Meldrew tones).  Ah well, maybe it is.   Somehow the days, weeks, months (even years?) roll by when you are busy and enjoying life.  Well that's my excuse anyway.   


The most fabulous news since I last rambled on is the arrival of a great-granddaughter.  Niamh (pronounced Neeve) arrived on 19 June 2011 and is the most gorgeous little girl ever born.  Well, I'm entitled to say that aren't I?  She really is a poppet, a hyper-babe says her grandma - my daughter Tracy.  Still can't believe she is a grandma, even though she has eight (yes eight) step-grandchildren.


Apart from all the cardmaking and scrapbooking that I do I have been busy sewing.  Firstly, a patchwork quilt for Niamh's cot, then a couple of full size quilts.  I've also been making little dresses for Dress A Girl Around The World, a wonderful group of people who make dresses and shorts for children in deprived areas of the world.  They are sew easy to make (pun intended) and if you have a pillowcase you no longer use, check out sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk and join in.


I'll be back again soon - till then, take care and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment