Wednesday 14 July 2010

Doesn't time fly!  A week since I wrote anything here.  Busy few days.  On Friday my husband and I joined our son, his wife and her parents when we went to see our grandchildren perform in their end of term concert.  What a great show; considering the kids are aged 5 - 10 their performances were terrific.  Our grandson, aged five, opened the show with a song about a chicken.  He was dressed as a little chick and looked so cute, we all teared up!   Our granddaughter is nine and quite a talented performer.  She is learning to play guitar and together with her group they performed; she is also in the school choir.  Recently she learned to hula-hoop, so she choreographed a disco routine using a hoop, taught two friends and they performed it.  3 1/2 minutes without dropping the hoop once and dancing at the same time is quite a feat I can assure you.  I was breathless for her!   There are a lot of talented children - some sang, others danced, one nine-year-old boy did a Michael Jackson routine - another lad performed a rap song.  There was also a French Horn group - they were exceptional - and a group of seven year olds played their recorders.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the house at the end.  All those mums, dads and grandparents - a super evening.  The photos we took didn't come out very well, but I made a scrap-page with a cartoon chick to remember the evening.

I'll be back again soon - happy browsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment