Sunday 29 July 2012

Wasn't the opening ceremony for the London 2012 Olympics fantastic?   I didn't intend to stay up to see the whole show, but once it started there was no going to bed.   I think it was a great window on GB and must have raised millions of smiles around the world.   Some of the items may have needed explaining to viewers in other countries - and I wonder how many people now believe that our wonderful Queen really did jump out of a helicopter?????   In my opinion Danny Boyle deserves a knighthood for that fantastic show.  His ideas were out of this world - and proved to be one of the best evenings of entertainment and enlightenment on tv for a long time.   The next must-see on my list is Tom Daly - come on Tom win another gold for Team GB.  We are off to a good start - with the silver in the women's cycling road race today - and more to come I'm sure.  Let's fly the flag for Team GB!

No comments:

Post a Comment